Avant Money - Time with Current Bank

househunter1

Hi,
Do Avant Money have a requirement that you need to be with your current bank a certain length of time before you can switch to them?
Thanks

Most lenders require that you're with your current bank for a year. I imagine Avant will be pretty picky on criteria like this

Bumping up with new information.
Avant mortgage require at least four years with existing mortgage before considering switch application.

:eek:

That is not the news I wanted to hear. Presume you heard that direct from one of their brokers? Hopefully they'll change criteria over the next few quarters...

Yes, from a broker. I am with Ulster Bank for last two years and its a new build. Broker mentioned at least four years of existing mortgage.

Four years of mortgage on existing property (I didn't ask if it has to be same lender). We have payment history from previous property which was declined.

My mortgage broker has told me that 12 months with my existing lender is sufficent to switch to Avant. This is one of the Anant approved brokers.

Thanks everyone. I asked Avant approved broker but they seemed to be is misinformed. Time to change broker.

For anyone that switched successfully recently to Avant - could you confirm what the requirement in terms of years was?

Hi there - I got approval from Avant after 10 months with my previous lender. Although I explained at the time of application that I would not be actually moving until my 12 month fixed rate with previous lender was up. I used their broker in Donnybrook just in case that is relevant.

Back