Avant Credit Card

amtc

I have an MBNA (Avant) card which I got years ago. I very rarely use it, but it has a high credit limit (70k) which is why I have never got rid of it. I jokingly refer to it as my 'running away' card.

Anyway I was abroad recently and my purse was stolen, so I used this card (my BOI cards were in the purse whereas this one was in the suitcase), and I made a purchase of €158. Paid it off once I got the bill, in full at the Post Office.

Anyway I got my next bill today for 83c - surcharge applied for paying at the post office. My alternative is to pay by cheque at a surcharge of €1.15. If I pay the 83c then I will incur another 83c - never ending cycle. So I rang Avant and they agreed!

Online banking? I pay mine that way. The .83c charge was a shame, I liked to pay it in the post office, had to revert back to online.

To the best of my knowledge you have 4 options to pay Avantcard without any charge from their side

1. With an Irish Visa Debit or Master Debit card online at their online banking
  2. Via a SEPA transfer from your bank account, however make sure to use your Avant account number not credit card number as reference
  3. Online via AnPost's www.billpay.ie with your linked visa/master debit card
  4. Direct Debit
Anything offline will occur a charge, they really want you to pay online, clearly visible by the fact that using AnPost in a post office costs money but AnPost online does not.

Back