Avant Card closing account

Raging Bull

Unbelievable story, I cleared my balance subject to government 30 Euro charge due...I didnt get round to paying it since as far as I knew Or Thought I had till April 2014 to pay...Avantcard are now charging 15.24 as a late fee...incredible. Surely I have no legal obligation to pay a tax upfront so Avantcard cant charge me a fee for something they have no entitlement to in first place nor should they charge as account is closed....Thoughts???

credit card companies are notorious for this kind of thing... i had the same problem a few years ago, when i queried it ,they said it had to be paid or risk a black mark against my credit...obtaining money with menaces i think you call it!!

I know the 30 euro is valid but to be charged 15 euro on late payment of closing account is nonsense...ill fight this one all the way

I got charged 15.24 late payment fee, as I had left a payment €0.30 short by mistake.. These guys will hit you hard for anything they can!

It is a disproportionate penalty. I wonder how the FSO would feel about it?

i think a person just has to pay the right amount on time every time, they (credit card companies) just seem to wait in the long grass for you, i find if you can do this, a credit card is a good tool to have.

Pat

Back