automatic or gears worth more?

babydays

I'm trying to sell a car which is automatic and just wondering whether the fact that it's automatic makes is more or less attractive to garages???

depends on the car. I'd say a manual merc is worth less than an auto and a manual focus probably worth more...

I didn't know it depended on the car. It is a ford focus I'm selling. Hopefully the fact that it's automatic helps with the sell!!!

tks

t is a ford focus I'm selling. Hopefully the fact that it's automatic helps with the sell!!!

In this case, I would doubt it TBH.

Having said that there are people who only buy automatics - I'd be prepared for a bit of a wait though. Personally, I don't know anyone who would favour an auto over a manual for a car like a Focus.

oops, I read that wrong. Drat.

I've priced it at easily the lowest for it's age and mileage.

It's been up 10 days - not one enquiry !! I've now put it on other sites now too recommended on the 'how to sell' thread here.

wait, wait, wait....!

You could be lucky, you may find someone unable to drive a manual.

Either through driving experince a lot of yanks can only drive an auto or someone with a dicky left leg.

Good luck selling

It's unlikely that someone will specifically want a ford focus, espcially as there is value to be had in better makes.
I would emphasise the AUTO and engine SIZE (I assume it's a small to medium car) in you add's. Word it this way on buyandsell, donedeal and gumtree. In my view a local paper ad, is the only one worth paying for in especially if your regional, as some people dont want to travel far when buying a used car.

Arent automatic cars harder on fuel? That would lead you to believe that buyers would favour a manual.

tks for the replies.

TBH I find the automatic gorgeous to drive! I never had any interest in them before I actually drove one.

I think I'll ammend the ads to stress the automatic nature of the car - there are soooo many of it for sale that at least it differentiates it from the others for sale.