Autographed Jerseys

joer

I bet a lot of people are having a second look at their autographed Irish jersey after listening to a certain radio program yesterday. It seems all is not what it should be.
Jerseys signed by Roy Keane , for one, actually were not signed by him at all.

same was always the case with signed copies of books. Even the Beatles used to get their staff to sign autograph requests. Saw a great one on the Antiques Roadshow once where the expert reckoned 2 were right and 2 were wrong

The day after being beaten by Spain in the 2002 World Cup myself , my wife and a friend went to a bar in Seoul generally frequented by American Army personnel to watch Mexico v The US .
The vast majority of the Irish team were there having a whale of a time , drinking , singing playing pool , we had a great time time trying to convince the Americans present that yes that indeed was the Irish team that had been knocked out the previous day .
They really could not believable how approachable the team were - autographs, pictures and time to chat.
Back to the signed jersey ! , I got mine signed by everyone there , the only problem was I was wearing a Slovenian jersey that I had picked up on my travels which diminished the value somewhat !

I have got a genuine Roy Keane autograph, he signed it for me one afternoon in Dublin airport when he was waiting for a flight and having a pint, couldn't have been nicer.

Back