Autofast - Ballingcollig, Cork

oblib

I just went to Autofast in Ballincollig to get my oil changed and a new filter. They had a package going for 89 euro (included above and all fluids, safety check, etc) but the oil and filter was just 60 (thats what I got).

Was this a good price? I felt the package was a bit high for the value of the rest of the items but then again I'm relatively new to Ireland and have little background on which to judge these things.

In the interest of full disclose I have searched for similar posts but cannot find that fits my query exactly and thought the other post on Autofast never completed properly.

Thanks!

oil & filter for €60 is a good price. They are obviously offering the extra package as an incentive for an extra €29. Most of what they do is just check the levels and if they are ok, then they get an extra €29 for basically doing an extra 10-15 mins work.

Its not going to cost them much extra to top up a few fluids here & there.
Plus if they find anything like tyres, etc not making the grade, they are hoping on the extra business.

Where is Autofast located in Ballincollig? I used to live there for about 14yrs and dont remember the name?

It's next to the Shell Garage on the Main Street (opp Aldi). I recently brought my car in there - didn't need an appointment. I was able to call in before collecting the kids from school and the job was finished in about 15 or 20 minutes. €89 well spent as far as I was concerned - and it was great that I didn't have to be without my car for the day! They had a nice warm waiting room too (it was lashing rain the same day).

I called in there a few weeks ago. When I have to get my car serviced it pisses me off when I lose the car for the day as I am self-employed and am on the road alot. Autofast is perfect for someone like me. I dropped the car to them, went down to the Subway down the road for about 30 minutes and the car was just about finished by the time I called back. At €89 I was more than satisfied.

Ive been there, Autofast is based on an American idea of quick servicing. Theyre set up so u dont have 2 book in advance, u dont have 2 leave ur car for the day and they dont replace anything without first getting the go ahead from you. I watched them service my car, they do oil,air and fuel filters, gearbox services, coolant flushes even brake pads. Ive paid way more in the past for alot less of a service. Its great value and the staff are excellent.