autoexpress.co.uk 2009 Driver Power Survey

mathepac

I don't know what your perspective on UK car surveys is, but I find them useful for comparison with the relatively tiny Irish market.

Auto Express (weekly print mag) runs frequent surveys on dealers, cars, insurance, road-side rescue firms as well as car, accessory and service reviews, automotive news and technical help features. I'm a subscriber and I find it both useful and enjoyable.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/driver_power_2009/

The surprise this year is the performance of Skoda in the City Car (1st with the Fabia) and the Family Car (1st and 2nd with the Superb & Octavia) categories giving Skoda an overall 1st in the manufacturers' table and 2nd & 3rd in the cars' table, knocking Lexus off the 1st place it has "owned" in these tables across various surveys for the last few years.

I'm disappointed to see Subaru in 6th place, Toyota in 13th and dumbfounded to see Land Rover, BMW and Mercedes feature as high as 7th, 8th and 9th places respectively.

Other than as detailed above I have no connection with any of the firms or products mentioned in this post, the survey or the magazine's web-site.

i find autoexpress quite a good read,and im just wondering has mathepac got a question or does he/she not like the survey result.

Forget about the pm's, i drive a octavia 07 oil burner and it's a great peice of kit. Plenty of power when needed and 50's to the gallon. Extremely relaible motor car. Peoople will not buy them because of badge snobbery. Same engine as in the VW'S Audi's, Seat's. Ultra reliable