Auto switch energy utilitiy bills

johnl68

Hi all,

I was just reading an article on the bbc website about how to keep on top of the extra costs associated with working from home https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-54538949
They make reference to an auto switching service in the UK "The concept here is that your gas and electricity switches to a new supplier when a better deal pops up - without you doing anything." I've had a quick search online but can't find a provider for the Irish market(just comparison sites)
I would love to sign up for such a service, even more so if it included TV, broadband, etc. While it is great to have access to competing providers, and the ability to switch without having to leave the house, the obstacles these companies put in place to confuse, delay and frustrate is soul destroying.

Hi,

I have found that you are better off doing your research yourself each year as some of these companies don't necessarily give you the best options probably because of the deals that they strike.

The Regulatory Authority CRU give these recommended ones.

Just came across this article and you will see that there does appear to be a company providing the service that you are looking for although it does not appear on the CRUs recommended ones.

Thanks Sue Ellen,
You're right, re reading their blurb- "The concept here is that your gas and electricity switches to a new supplier when a better deal pops up - without you doing anything." They refer to "a better deal" rather than the best deal, which would give them wiggle room to move you to a provider that rewards them with more commission as opposed to the maximum savings to the customer.

I just read that article you linked, the Irish company do commit to switching to the best option! I'll check it out.

Back