Austria

ophelia

Any good or bad holiday experiences? I'd love to go but would love some encouragement.

Innsbruck is beautiful in winter or summer, mountains, relaxed town . Fly to Munich and get the slow train down through Seafelt and Garmish. Verona is about 3 hours on train also.

I was skiing in Zell Am Zee in February and it was absolutely beautiful I'm led to believe it's a very popular location in the summer, you can fly into Salzburg and then get the train right to the center of town it takes about 90 mins. Zell am Zee is on the edge of a beautiful lake you can stay down around there and enjoy the activities or there are cable cars that take you up the mountains where you can go walking and stop off at little bars dotted around the mountains with the most amazing views. I stayed in the Gruner Baum and while it's fairly basic the food was good and the owner/staff were great. It was my first time in Austria, I loved it and would go again.

[broken link removed]

i have been to zell am see in summer time it is really lovely nice and clean lovely sceenery great food nice bars but every one seems to be in bed by 11.30 so if you are looking for hot night life you wont find it but if you are into walking or cycling it is great weel worth the trip and salsburg is great for a day out about an hour by train in zell am see there is lovely cable car rides most hotels are nice

Try the South Styrian wine trail.

[broken link removed]

Much less touristy and better value than similar places in Italy or France.

The Styrian people are incredibly friendly. I flew to Graz.

Back