Australian visa query

peelabee

hi all,
I am due to renew my passport and have an indefinate (living/working) visa for Australia in my old passport. What I am wondering is, if that is transferred into my new passport automatically or do I have to bring my old passport also if I am travelling to Australia to show visa? I have tried many passport and Dept of Foreign Affairs sites and cannot find the answer and the passport office do not seem to be answering their phone these days - have tried 30 times!
Many thanks,
Peelabee

visa

is it a migration or 1 year work visa? normally it needs to reallocated to a new passport

G'day peelabee

I didnt think there was an indefinate visa for Oz. The war office and myself are currently in Austarlia as permanent residents ( we get our citizenship in October). Even though we are permanent residents our visa was only valid for 5 years. this ment we could stay in the country indefinately but if we were to leave after the expiry date we would need a return visa which is just a formality but we would still need one.
hope this helps, but as stated try the Embasy as they should know.

The best place to start for detailed information is the Australian immigration agents or officers who can help you to sort out your queries. If you are permanently resident in Australia but are not an Australian citizen, you will need a Resident Return Visa to allow you back in. Each visa carries different conditions and may require additional paperwork to accompany the application.