Australian stock exchange

Wee_one

I'm resident here in Ireland but have online access to an Australian bank called Anz. I set it up when I was over there a few years back and left a few dollars there in-case I ever wanted to use it again. I'm thinking of diversifying my exposure to any potential financial crises here by putting some of my savings into it. They have a product which allows you invest in their top 200 publicly quoted companies and I was thinking of investing some of the money on this. I know I will have a tax liability here but just wondering does anybody know what the situation is in Australia. if i do this will I now have to do a tax return over there too.
Any information at all would be really appreciated.
thanks

Oz have a Tax Agreement in place with Ireland so any profits from 'share sales' are returned to the Irish taxman in your Irish returns.

Money market deposits currently earn a big 5% interest !

What is the name of their top 200 product ?

thanks for that. Rather imagnatively they call it the ANZ Online investment account. more here:

yes. I noticed the deposit rates are really good too. Am I correct to assume I will end up paying tax on any interest made in both oz and ireland

Back