Australia. Flying to Sydney, home out of Cairns?

K

Kyia

Myself & my boyfriend are planning a holiday to Australia for 3-4 weeks the end of Sept start of Oct. We havent booked flights yet, but are planning on flying to Sydney travelling up to Cairns and flying back to Dublin from here. Has anyone done this? Or can anyone recommend a website to book flights with

Re: Australia. Flying to Sydney, home out of Cairns??

You are probably better off speaking to a travel agent who can review a number of options for you but as far as I know you can do what you require using Qantas.

www.qantas.com

or you could get a cheap flight from cairns to sydney, try jet blue

Hi,

We have just booked a similar flight. We are flying into Melbourne but flying out of cairns. We have to take a connecting flight to sydney and then back to london/home. We booked the flights last week and the flights are dublin->london->hong kong-> melbourne->sydney->cairns->sydney->thailand->london->dublin for €1800 each.

We are staying a week in hong kong and a few days in bangkok on the way home.

PS did this thru travel agent and flying QANTAS.

I always found Trailfinders the cheapest and you can often book your own internal flights cheaply enough - look at Virgin blue and Jetstar. Places I would say to go to are Byron bay, Brisbane,whit sundays, Frasier island, Port douglas not sure if I have put them in the right order- Enjoy you will have a great time!!

We flew into Brisbane from Singapore a few years ago when we went to Oz, then out of Sydney to Bangkok on the return leg. I'd be a bit surprised if the long haul flights to Europe went from Cairns.

We flew into Melbourne and out of Cairns with trailfinders.
Used virginblue for internal flights from Melbourne to Sydney
and Sydney to Hervey bay

generally cheaper to fly out of Sydney than Cairns.

obviously if you intend to fly from cairns you're limiting your options on airlines, first thing is to check cairns airport and see who flies in and out, there may be budget airlines flying from there to singapore/hong kong/bangkok which would be better hubs, do you want to stop off anywhere on the way home? that would then narrow/concentrate your options.
i used [broken link removed] when i flew to oz a few months ago and returned via hong kong, found them good.
you may be better off just getting a return budget flight from cairns back to sydney to increase your choice. i used this site for internal flights in oz
http://www.travel.com.au/
have a great trip

Last time I went down under I found Trailfinders had the best price. It's worth shopping around.

Cairns is a long way up from Sydney, though there are lots of nice spots along the way. You can often get reasonable domestic flights with either Virgin blue or Quantas Red Eye deals if it's cheaper to return from Sydney.

thanks for all the advice and tips. gonna look at prices and options now.