Aurora shopping outlet Chicago

bartbridge

Going to Chicago in a few weeks and was hoping to visit the outlets in Aurora. There's no direct transport to it as far as I know, but I had heard that you can get a metra train to a stop near the outlet and then a taxi?

Does anyone have details of what stop you get off at, cost and roughly how long it takes to get there? Thanks

We went by train last year -took approx 75-90 mins & got taxi (cost from memory was ok -no more than say US$15-20). We did it on our first full day there which worked out great as it helped us shake off the jet lag & was a big tick on the "things to do" box!! Its also a great way to see outside of the Windy City - you can book online if you wish. Did you try tripadvisor Chicage forums also- they may provide more info..

Thanks Corkonian71, you don't happen to remember what station ye got the train to by any chance? Did ye travel from Union Station in Chicago?

Yes -it was Union Station as far as I remember. It would be worth your while googling Aurora as these outlets often have additional online discount vouchers over & above what you get there. While you're there you might think of doing other quirky things - Oak Park in Chicago (home to Frank Lloyd Wright very famous archetict) & Springfield - all things Lincoln (3 hr train journey but a great day)...enjoy

The stop is called Aurora. We were in Chicago in January and had planned to go to Aurora for a day. In the end we didn't - mostly because of the fantastic sales in Chicago itself - especially in Macys. It also seemed like a day less in Chicago itself which is such a fantastic city that you'll want to maximise your time there. So I suppose my advice is to keep an open mind on going to Aurora.

We travelled to Aurora at around 2pm - got there for 3.30 approx & got train back at 7.30pm approx. It left us with a good 3 hrs there plus coffee/snack break. It is a good way of seeing life outside of Chicago..