Auger for Wood pellet store

lastbuilders

Hi,

I am building a wood pellet store at the moment and am trying to source an auger to bring the pellets from the store to a small hopper that is attached to the boiler. The auger would run along the bottom of the store and then feed into the hopper which is higher so it would need to be flexible. Does anyone have any idea where this can be sourced?

Lastbuilders

Probably easiest to get auger from boiler manufacturer. Ensure that base of store has a slope so that pellets fall towards front of store. My friend has just gotten a boiler, his auger is seperate to the boiler and operates intermittently. The boiler only calls for new pellets when needed.

I have built the store 3.4m x 1.5m x 3m l x w x h out of concrete with a slope at the bottomcoing to a v at the bottom. There is ply on all sides, bottom and top to keep pellets dry with a vent going out through the wall for dust. I would prefer to use only one auger from the store to the boiler without the small hopper but the auger on tyhe small hopper has been calibrated to only supply the amount of pellets needed. I would imagine this would be hard to do with a home built store.

lastbuilder you are doing exactly what I intend to do over the winter. My plan would be to wire the augur from the main store in line with the one feeding the burner from the small hopper attached (Gerkros burner and hopper) so that when the burner sends a signal to the smaller one it also tops up the local hopper from the main store.

I have a German friend who should be able to source a flexible vacuum augur for me in Germany. I wasn't thinking of doing it for a few months yet but will send him an email now to see if there is anything we can order online from here.

I was thinking of wiring the same as you suggest but though that this may not work as the auger has been calibrated to supply a certain amount as needed that would be very hard to copy with a customised auger.

Back