Audi A6 Estate

Firefly

Any A6 Estate drivers out there. Looking at one of these after Xmas (was also thinking of a Lexus IS222d). Love the shape of this estate but just wondering what people think of them. In the past estates would suffer from rattles and also the sound of objects in the boot flying around the place would drive you bonkers, but just wondering how the A6 fares in this regard. Probably looking at something around 2006/2007.

A fine car with lots of room. My brother has one and he loves it. He had an Audi A4 estate and reckons the A6 is a far superior car. No rattles or complaints. He owns a 2008 model and was in with the dealer recently to get a cost to change price for the new model due out in 2011. The dealer offered him more then he was expecting as he said that the avant was a good reseller.

I have a 2006 A6 AVANT 2.0 tdi which I brought in from the UK. Excellent in every way! no problems to date with 115,000 miles on the clock. Avants are not popular here, but great range in the UK. Ask an Irish dealer to source you one..

Ask an Irish dealer to source you one..

And pay him handsomely to do so.......??

Check out the UK websites then head over on a cheap Ryanair flight, get the ferry home with your shiny new car and save a packet in doing so.

Bought a 2007 A6 Avant from CarGiant.co.uk last year and reckon I saved approx €5,500 as against buying here

Would thoroughly recommend the A6 Avant, haven't had any problems so far

It probably depends on the model. I looked at the UK when changing my car recently. It was a bit cheaper, but only just...for me it was worth the bit extra for the local garage guarantee etc.

my brother just bought a '07Avensis this morning in london at the car auctions for 5200 Str. Clean as a whistle. Bargain!

It probably is clean as a whistle, but as he only has it a few hours it's hard to tell. What if something goes wrong, he finds out it was crashed or clocked...what will he do then?