Audi A5

Firefly

Anyone know how much the new A5 1.8 will be. With 170bhp it should be a nice little run-around. I'm assuming it'll be 55k to compete with the 3 series coup...

Last sentence....

[broken link removed]

It looks a lot nicer than the 3 coupe IMHO

I actually think it looks quite similar to the new 3 coupe...but I do think it's possibly slighty nicer looking. My minds not made up yet. Good four seater coupe will appeal to box sexes. Audi are on a winner with this one.

There is going to be a new 2.0 diesel unit added, using common rail technology with 200+ bhp, will compete direct with BMW3 series 2.0D. Controversial as this is VW's first nod towards common rail and away from their own developed PD engines. It will be some beast in that guise, would love to get one.

My guess it will be offered at all high performace levels, and across all the brands, same as the 2.0T petrol unit.

I saw 2 of the at The Irish Open Golf in Adare earlier.

Very nice indeed. LHD though.

A lot of reviews are saying that it's not all that great to drive...so my choice would still be the ultimate driving machine!

Lack of feel in the steering and handling not exactly fantastic. Can't understand why Audi would make this without trying to really challenge the beamer. Alfa make the same mistake with the GT.

Incidentally, there's a few 335 coupes floatig around town these days which I think look fantastic.

It will always be hard for the powerful Audis to match the BMW for handling as most Audis are front wheel drive and if there's alot of power in the car (more than approx 220 bhp) then front wheel drive cars will suffer from what Jeremy Clarkson calls the 'chaos theory' where a car cannot handle that much power, and steer at the same time through the front wheels. I'd wait for the S5 which should be four wheel drive.

Personally I think the Audi is much better looking and a great interior. I think for most people who are city centre cruisers, that's all that matters. Not everyone will be throwing their car around B-roads or a track

Back