Audi A4 - Shuddering at 120km/h

Staples

Have a 1.8 version of the above, two years old now. I reecntly got it serviced and replaced all four tyres.

I've noticed that it's starting to shudder at about 120km/h. Can anyone advise whether this might be a consequence of a poor service or might the fitting of the new tyres be an issue.

Grateful for any steer (sorry) before I go back to the garage/tyre seller.

S

im not a mechanic. Our car recently did this after getting new types and the garage had to balance the tyres, problem fixed.

when you say shudder, is the steering wheel vibrating at those speeds?

It could be the tracking or balancing of the tyres is off and needs to be looked at. Small job really but should have been done when new tyres were fitted

Why would this worry you, as there is nowhere in ireland with a higher speed limit than 120KPH....

(Just stirrng for fun)

Why would this worry you, as there is nowhere in ireland with a higher speed limit than 120KPH....

(Just stirrng for fun)

Who said anything about going over 120km/h?!

(also just stirring for fun!)

I've noticed that it's starting to shudder at about 120km/h.

Seriously though, it needs to be taken back to where it was serviced. Doesn't sound like a major mechanical issue.

You may just need your tyres balanced or failing that you may need the tracking done.

the didn't balance you wheels properly when changing the tyres - i'd return to the garage where the job was done and expect them to do it free of charge as they definitely should have done itl

+1 Re: Unbalanced wheels.

Insist on all 4 being balanced.
This should have been done as a matter of course after fitting the tyres.