Audi A4 or Saab 9-3 (or C-Max)

The 2.0t is as you described above.

But the 2.0T is as I described further above. You did mention the 2.0T!

But, even referring to the 2.0t, there are much quicker cars, just not a lot of them on Irish roads.

I understand. The capital T means the tweaked version.

Yes that has quite impressive performance.

p.s. My car is quicker

0 - 60 in 8 seconds is quick...but it's not sports car quick. The Saab is an executive saloon with some grunt.

I don't class my own car as a sports car even though it's about a second faster than that

Agreed. They call the 1.8 9-3 a sports saloon too. 122bhp. A veritable slug.

Congrats lads,

But it's all subjective.
I don't class my own car as a sports car even though it's about a second faster than that

*Mental note* get 2.8T next time!

Btw, don't be shy. What Garda patrol's dream are ye driving?

RS2k - is yours an audi - an RS?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_sedan

Looks like ye're right. The 93 is a Sports Saloon rather than a Sports car, which usually means a two seater going by a fairly strict definition. But a RS4 is classified as a sports saloon even though it would be quicker than some sports cars.

Which leaves me to say that a sports saloon is still a different animal to a normal saloon, which could leave an inexperienced (to the model) not getting the most out of it.

BMW 325 Ci...after much searching and bad experience with dodgy dealers

Yet to be pulled over by the guards but I reckon I might be able to outrun them

Nice one Gabriel,

Faster than the 2.0t, but not as quick as the 2.0T.

Not been pulled over by An Gardai for nearly 4 years, but I think that's got a lot more to do with a far less presence on the roads by the Gardai.

Did a bit of looking up on the CI and didn't realise it had three seats in the back, which is necessary for me at the mo, and would have considered it. Not so sure about the exterior styling though, but I imgagine that should be changing soonish.

Congrats lads,

But it's all subjective.

*Mental note* get 2.8T next time!

RS2k - is yours an audi - an RS?

Agreed. Very subjective at the limit. I'm driving a Ford Focus ST.

Agreed. Very subjective at the limit. I'm driving a Ford Focus ST.

A lorra lorra car for the money, I'd have to get the 2.8T to beat you, and it'd probably be twice the price and only just about faster.

Btw, you're not Shane Lynch in disguise?

A lorra lorra car for the money, I'd have to get the 2.8T to beat you, and it'd probably be twice the price and only just about faster.

Btw, you're not Shane Lynch in disguise?

Er no. The differences are quite marked

What's the 0-60 of the 2.0T? 325 is 7.1 secs as far as I know.
Not that I'm trying to turn this into a mine is bigger than yours contest

Yep...three seats in the back are useful but not so important to me. Grand for kids although the guy I bought from was getting rid of it as it was a pain putting the child seat in as no back doors.
I've got a '01 version so no dodgy styling

*ahem* meant to say 2.8T 6.5s (2.0T is 7.5s).

Afaik, the 325 ci is 7.0s!

See, I’d put up with the strain of putting kid’s into the back seat for the right car, besides that’s why the wife has her own car!