Audi A3 2004 72500 Miles

Hi

Just another quick note.

#

This is advertised by the same garage that are selling the Audi A3 in question. It says 2L Petrol, but from my knowledege there are no 2L petrol A3s? Just Diesel..... What do you make of that? 38k Miles Diesel for the same price as the one i am after? Can i pull him up on this? Its not on their website though as for sale.

Cheers guys.

Average Mileage on cars in the North tend to be lower for some reason, smaller land area perhaps? You may end up paying the same if you include the VRT, but you are forgetting that the dealers in the north will budge on price just as much as down here.
Buy up North and get a higher spec, with lower mileage for less than standard high mileage ones here. Remember Celtic Tiger might be dead and gone, but Rip off Republic is still going strong.

Very true, the garage seemed adimant that they werent dropping price. Ill tell them Monday that 13k is my final offer, if he asks for 13.5k i may accept. But if that previous 2L diesel is for sale at same price with half the mileage im definately saying it to him. It has to knock something off the price after me seeing that, its only on Car Buyers Guide and nowhere else. Not even on their website? ([broken link removed]) seems weird if you ask me.

Garage will NOT Budge. Offered 13k and said that i have looked at 2 other cars and if he is not willing to negotiate then i will buy one of the others.
His reply: ''Thanks for the offer but i think im going to have to let you go''

So i am not getting in touch with him again. He can ring me. I just can't believe in this day and age the way things are that he is only dropping €350 of the list price and i am offering cash up front aswell.

So i am not getting in touch with him again. He can ring me. I just can't believe in this day and age the way things are that he is only dropping €350 of the list price and i am offering cash up front aswell.

You did the right thing but this may be a case where the Audi is at rock bottom and may very well represent the best price they can sell it at. Prices have really come down a lot this year so far.

Yeah but no way will they sell an 2004 Audi with 73k miles for €14,600. And good luck to them if they do i'll be amazed.

Will be interesting to see if he gets back to me in the coming days/weeks, the ball's in my court then if he does.

It enough for them I agree but they are excellent cars. By the way I see a 2004 2.0TDi Audi A3 on cbg.ie, 74k miles done and they want €16k.

how does one go about buying in the north. do you just go up, pay, bring it down and then do the vrt stuff. how is the vrt calculated? how do you do it?

seems unusual alright; unless he was trying to call your bluff.
that car is 5 years old shortly, there is a newer model available in the same year, and yet is still for sale for 50% of its list price.

Forget it and move on. One there is available is a lot of choice.

Yes i think he is messing with me, he could tell i was interested in the car, possibly so interested that he thinks im buying the car no matter what? I dont know but one thing is for sure, i wont be paying €14,600 for it, im just going to wait and see what happens.

Yes, they called me on Friday afternoon! Dropped to 14,300 i said 13,800 and dealt at 14,000. Collecting it tomorrow. Im happy enough with 14k. Was Planning on spending 13.5k so extra 500 wasnt too bad for the car that i actually wanted.