Auctioneer costs when house withdrawn from market

luckystar

What are reasonable costs from an estate agent when a house is withdrawn from property market? I would have assumed advertising. Anything else?

Depends on the Auctioneer but I'd imagine any costs he/she incurred. Time involved might be at their discretion.

Is there not a Property Services Agreement in place ?

My agreement says I am liable for the agreed advertising costs of €XXXX. This amount was explained at the time and is for, colour brochures, professional photography, Irish Timed ad, for sale sign etc.

I think that’s reasonable.

Is there not a Property Services Agreement in place ?
My thoughts exactly.
When I last sold house, the agreement spelt out exactly what was to be paid. In fact, I had to pay all marketing and advertising costs up front, and then if I withdrew property from sale I owed nothing else.

I would assume the auctioneer would be entitled more than the advertising charges. There's his/her time, the time of the receptionist, back-up staff. Sorry! - with the information available on the thread no sympathy from me.

I presume we're talking about a regular sale here and not one that went to auction.

As above, should be spelled out in the contract, but from my experience, it's not a lot more than the advertising fees that are likely paid up front anyway. Most contracts also have a clause that if you sell within 6 months of terminating the agreement, that their commission remains fully payable. So beware of that if you're looking to cut them out of a deal.

Sorry. Should clarify a little more. House on market since March. Sale agreed in May, sale fell through subsequently and will be withdrawing the house from the market now and renting it out for the moment. No advertising other than daft/myhome. No photos or brochures.
No agreement signed. Seem to remember something sent out but must have disgregarded same. Had a price negotiated for a sale.

No agreement signed.

The more organised agents will ensure they have this before any ad goes live, but unlikely to be any further costs than you've already paid so. Talk to them and let them know you're taking it off the market for a time.

Usually you'll pay the extra marketing money up front and sometimes photography costs. Not all EA's work like that. The ones I've used have. That would be the money you'd not get back. Should be no other fees then...simply an EA would hope that when you do come to sell again, you'd use them again.

I bid on a house a few years ago that was removed and rented instead. Same estate agent was used to rent it, so I guess they did a deal that estate agent got first month's rent as their fee

Back