Auction House dealing with Old Records

foxylady

Does anyone know of any Auction houses or auctioneers that would be able to value and evn sell old vinyl lp's as we have a load of them at home and curious to know if they are worth anything.

I would have a look on ebay first.

If you do want the auction route, you could try Adams or Whytes or even go for the bigger guys, Christies or Sotheby's.

The big auction houses in Dublin mainly seem to deal with antiques, fine art, furniture, etc but their counterparts in London certainly do have speciality auctions for almost anything you can think of. Auctioneers might charge you for a valuation so that is something to bear in mind in relation to any potential sale value. Also, you will have sellers' fees to pay the auction house if any of your items are sold, and possibly, though I'm not sure, even if they aren't.

was thinking of ebay but records would not exactly be the easiest things to post without getting broken also. I would like to know how much they are worth if anything in case they were sold off too cheap on ebay.

You can search on eBay for Completed Items (I think you have to be logged in), which will give you a fair idea of how much you would get (based on previous sales of similar items). It's fairly easy to package records securely (cardboard protection, etc) if you were to sell this way (P&P passed on to purchaser)

You can search on eBay for Completed Items (I think you have to be logged in), which will give you a fair idea of how much you would get (based on previous sales of similar items). It's fairly easy to package records securely (cardboard protection, etc) if you were to sell this way (P&P passed on to purchaser)

Yes I know but we have an awful lot of them so was hoping to get them valued in one go.

You could try [broken link removed]
...which might give an idea of what yours are going for.

Back