attic sizes and amount of insulation

fred123456

Hi,

Just trying to see how much insulation i would need to do my attic. I currently have insulation in the attic and i wanted to do a top up, their are some good prices at the moment and i just wanted to check should i do it or get someone to do it under sei scheme.

I have been told my attic would need 21 meters squared, could this be right, house size is 2000 square feet, measure about 32 feet by 26 feet.
excuse me for the silly question i always thought you multiply length by width and this gives you square feet about (approx)74 meters squared. I see bandq doing offers on insulation with 3 for 2 on 5m squared, so would this mean that i would need 4 rolls (they are large rolls) or by my calcuations much more.

what do you think.

Kind Regards
Fred.

32 by26 is 832 by 2 for 2 story = 1,664 so where the the 2,000 come from?

unless ur house is a converted dormer bungalow I cant see where 21 sq m or 231 sq feet comes from

Hi Guys, thanks for the replies, my measurement are not exact i know that, however i should of mentioned that the house is a 3 storey house also.

I still am unsure how you determine you attic size in square meters, can anyone explain sorry about the maths problem.

Need to know how many roles i would need if attic is roughly this size, each role contains 5.5 meters squared.

Kind Regards
Fred