Attic Insulation

Patty C

Hi.

Im a bit scanty on the info but was given a number from a friend today to call re: grant for Attic Insulation, on doing so I was told that 100% of the Attic Insulation was covered, I registered (hopefully will have all the details then) it would be done within 3 months, there was some initial criteria that I fulfilled. My question is.. has anyone benefited from this scheme? are there any pitfalls? It seems almost too good to be true, so any help is appreciated.

Many thanks
T

Hi took this from SEAI website for you.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
How much are the grants?
Grants are fixed for each type of measure as indicated in the table below. Grant approval must be in place before any purchase of materials or commencement of measures undertaken. Grants are paid after the measures are completed and the contractor has been paid by the homeowner. In the instance where the cost of the work (vat inclusive) is less than the fixed grant amount, the actual cost will be reimbursed.

MEASURE CATEGORY GRANT *
Roof Roof Insulation €250
Wall Cavity wall insulation €400
Internal Wall Dry-Lining €2,500
External wall insulation €4,000
Heating Controls High Efficiency Gas or Oil fired Boiler with Heating Controls Upgrade €700
Heating Controls Upgrade €500
BER Assessment BER After Upgrade Works (Only one BER grant per home) €100
* Please note that while you are entitled to apply for each Measure there is a minimum requirement that the grant amount in the first application must be €500 or greater. The BER grant cannot form part of this €500 amount.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Had researched this few months back and had a few companies out to price attic and cavity wall insulation. Found a company who said if we'd carry out the attic insulation ourselves, they'd pump the walls for us and we pay them full money and then we claim back grant so only costing us €250 (not legal in the scheme of things but.......)

Just finished the attic myself while back and although it did cost us alot to buy the rolls and took me ages to roll it out, the effect in the house is amazing. I did have the free ESB Halo survey carried out before hand and our insulation (self build, so cant blame anyone but ourselves) was described as "patchy" and "non-existent" ie the only part my husband had done was the easy bit down the hallway avoiding all the roof trusses. we put in 100 mm between joists and rolled 200mm over the joints perpendicular. We used space blankets over the sitting room.

Hope this may help but if you read other posts you find more info.

Back