attic conversion

merzie

i am looking for prices on attic conversions. the attic in my home is quite big. i live in co. louth

Hi Merzie,

Welcome to AAM.

If you run the search option in this forum only you should get plenty of reading material from the previous threads. You might get a ballpark figure also.

There are also a few key posts in the H&G Forum on attic conversions.

Hi Merzie,
My friend in south Dublin has just been quoted €22,000 to have her attic converted. The width of the house is 22'. She's getting a proper stairs, 2 or 3 largish Velux windows, several electric sockets and that's as much as I know. Hope this helps a bit.

hi treetiger

thats a high price. think the kids will have to do with the bunks for now.
thanks for that if you hear of any more quotes let me know

Oh dear, sorry my news wasn't good news! Mind you, it's probably worth getting a few quotes anyhow. Plus if you're in any way handy there are probably bits you can do yourself. Good luck.

I spoke to a guy recently who does a lot of conversions, €22k seems to be the usual charge.

would agree with the 20k to 25k mark - that is what we were quoted (more for ensuite). so i did it myself - just contracting in the trades we needed (plumber/plasterer/steel fixers/joinery for stairs) and our total will come in around 10k. lots of work and you need to know what you are doing. our attic (finished is approx 13' * 28').

Hi,

Anyone know of anyone doing conversions in County Louth - looking for one also (bungalow).

I've just had 2 quotes in North Co Dublin. One was for €15,300 and the other was for €17,000.

hi seagul
that was more the price range i was looking for. so shopping around is the best thing to do . ill continue looking. ill get back to you if i need. thanks

I've just had 2 quotes in North Co Dublin. One was for €15,300 and the other was for €17,000.

Seagull, Can you send me on this tradesman contacts as i am looking to the convertion also but been put off with the big quotes !

Back