Attack of the infectious pop #2 (first Katy, now Bressie)

Betsy Og

It's many moons ago when I first admitted to liking Teenage Dream by Katy Perry, at first I didnt know where to turn, was there a support group?, do people go on to lead normal lives after this type of thing.

Just as I was coming to terms with it along came Breaking my Fall by Bressie (and a close encounter with Call me Maybe).

Has pop gotten better lately or are my defences down?, I went a good 20 years from 1989 (the year of Guns 'N' Roses, Appetite for Destruction) without paying much attention to pop, now 2 assaults on the trot.

At least I have my antidote close at hand, a rockers EPI Pen if you will (that's the pen/sypringe yoke that prevents you balooning from anaphylactic shock), Phantom of the Opera, 1980 Live at the Rainbow, up loud.

p.s. I'm aware that Bressie is considered a roy-ad among the majority of females, that is of no consequence to me. But maybe himself and Katy should re-boot the Brangelina franchise, go on Bressie, do it for Mullingyyarr!!

Couple of question

Who is Katy Perry?
Who is Bressie?
What is a roy-ad?
What is the Brangelina franchise?
What is Mullingyyarr?

Yes, Pop has probably gotten better. Katy Perry in particular is excellent; she can sing, she's given good material and she's smart enough to know it's only pop.

Yes I think pop has gotten better or back to what it was in the 80's when I was more into music. I like jessy j, katy pery, pink, bressie - well who doesn't. I actually liked bressies song a while before I knew who sang it. Marena and the diamonds and keane are good too.

I don't know who/what roy-ad or Mullingyyarr are though.

Yes, Pop has probably gotten better. Katy Perry in particular is excellent; she can sing, she's given good material and she's smart enough to know it's only pop.

Please tell me that's tongue in cheek! I like music in general and loads of pop songs are great, but Katy feckin Perry wrecks my head. I think my problem is that I have actually listened to some of her lyrics rather than just half listening and assuming that she wasn't on a rhyming rampage.

And for the others;

phonetical ride = Royad

Mullingyyarr = Midlands tribal speak for a town in westmeath.

I know what you mean, BetsyOg- last Friday night, listening to pop music, I blew hot and cold, it was like a teenage dream and you can forget about all my good intentions because, guess what? I am not a robot.

I know what you mean, BetsyOg- last Friday night, listening to pop music, I blew hot and cold, it was like a teenage dream and you can forget about all my good intentions because, guess what? I am not a robot.

Its a confirmed case, trust me trust me, I'm a doctor.