ATM's in Majorca-max daily withdrawals?

G

GarydeDub

Going to Majorca on Thurs for 2 weeks hols. Does anybody know what the max amount is that I can withdraw from the local atm machines each day? Don't want to carry a lot of cash if I don't have to. (bringing BOI pass/laser card).
Thanks

Usually with laser its €700 in Ireland, should be the same abroad?

AFAIK it's your bank that sets the limit so maybe you should ring them and see what the story is - €300 is as much as I could withdraw in mainland Spain on any day.

Thanks for that.
I remember being caught out in Portugal a few years ago when I brought very little cash but could only get €150 per day from the local atm. €300 sounds good.

There is a limit set by your bank and a limit set by the owner of the ATM. Your limit on any one transaction is the lowest of these two. The typical default limit set by your bank is normally about €300, unless you have requested a larger limit

I recall Spain allowing only 200 per transaction. If the ATM in question allows only €200 it generally means in one transaction so when you take out 200 just repeat the dose a second time.

In Portugal there is a limit of €200 per transaction, but you are allowed to make two transactions per day and these can be done one after the other. AFAIK, the same limit applies in Spain.