ATM... seeing double!

CGorman

Withdrew €20 this mornign from atm on grafton street... logged onto my aib.ie account today and the transaction came up twice on my statement. Certain I only took €20... does anyone know what I can do, who to ring, contact?

I know its only €20... but its the principal.

Long time since I phoned them but I used to use phonelink and called [broken link removed] Worth a try.

This happened to me the other day - withdrew €200, showed up twice on internet banking - rang Banking 365 - they told me that at certain times of the day (usually evening time for BOI), the system is carrying out checks and balances - usually it will show up as Bank Withdrawal TX - it seems to be book-keeping administration.

Still gave me a shock to see €200 x 2 coming out but only €200 actually showed up later on the accounts.

I'm sure AIB will say the same?

Is the extra 20 still there today on your statement?

This happened to me a few years ago, and after I drew it to their attention, they reconciled the transactions, I got my 20euro back.

Also... keep an eye on the credit card bills. It can also happen there from time to time....

Yes, problems still there, im heading into town tommorrow to get sterling... will print off a copy of my statement and complain in aib... won't leave the building until i get my 20!

Back