ATM Problem

sansolde

Yesterday evening I carried out an atm transaction requesting the withdrawel of a sum of money. After making my request and waiting a bit, a message on the screen told me that the action was cancelled and the service was out of order. When I checked my account online the money had been taken out of my account (yet I received nothing). My problem is I used a tsb card to draw from a BOI atm and neither bank seems to want to take responsability. The sum taken from my account was significant enough to feel more than just a pinch. Do I have any hope of recuperating the money or whose responsability is it, TSB or BOI ?

I would contact both, at least contact your own bank and explain the situation.

I've seen this happen and the money get credited from the account but then (usually immediately afterwards) credited back. Perhaps there is a delay in this case on the credit side. But you would as well to contact the bank ASAP to check it out. It should be easy enough to sort out. If you experience problems getting it sorted or with the two institutions passing the buck then complain formally in writing and if you get no joy after exhausting the relevant complaints processes then take the matter to the [broken link removed].

This happened to me last week, I have an AIB card and tried to withdraw 50 Euros from an Ulster Bank ATM. There was a problem in server connection and i never got the money but it was deducted from my account (and not refunded). I rang AIB and i had to go to my branch and fill in a form. They said it could take up to 4 weeks for the money to be refunded. it didn't seem much of a problem. Maybe go to your branch and ask there.