atm issue - 'take your cash' - no cash - just whirred a bit!

amtc

while on the way out tonight I stopped at an AIB atm - looked for 120 euro which proceeded as per normal (I have a BOI account that is 10k in credit). However when it came to the 'take your cash' - no cash - just whirred a bit! Rang AIB on onscreen number and I have to claim lack of cash through BOI - anyone any experience of same!It's really my word against theirs, but 120 taken from my account after checking online.

Have heard of this happening before. Usually what happens is that a credit will be repaid to your account within a short time of the debit.

happened to me the other day, i had to put the card in a second time to get the cash but as far as i know the amount wasnt withdraw from my account, best thing to do is ring your branch and explain the situation, if you got a withdrawal receipt all the better...?

This could be part of a 'Skimming' Scam which was operating throughout the country in the last few years. Was there any type of false / loose bits on the front of the screen. If you noticed anything improper call AIB or the Gardai ASAP. In the case it is legit, I have never heard on no cash coming out, but have heard of the wrong amount. You need to write to your account holder, the BoI to tell them of the exact circumstances as a verbal conversation isn't worth the paper its written on. Also keep checking your account online over the weekend in case this was/is a scam.

The same thing happened to me when I was in the USA travelling in 2002. I have a BOI account. I went to a FleetBank machine, it whirred a bit, and hey presto.... no cash.

The story is you have to contact your account-holding bank which then liaises with the bank that owns the dodgy machine. Apparently it is easy to find out if the machine was faulty, and this happens quite a lot.

It took me four months to have the money put back into my BOI account, but that might have been down to the cross-Atlantic factor. I wouldn't worry too much, just contact your bank asap.

checked today - money came out ok of my account, but BOI not open till tomorrow to lodge complaint.

There was a queue at the ATM ( 5 people) and I told each one of them, so hope they all didn't get stung.

Rang BOI just now - no problem, money back in my account. Expected to have more of a struggle, but nothing!

Back