Atlanta airport - what's there?

Bluebean

hi all,

Flying from Dublin to Atlanta and then on to Las Vegas in November.

Just wondering if anyone has first hand experience of Atlanta airport? I've looked at the website but can't seem to figure out which terminal/concourse we fly in to. (says terminal S on our tickets but no terminal S on the map - eek!)

We'd like to maybe use one of the lounges there during our 3.5 hour stop over. We are flying with Delta.

Can anyone advise?

hi,
Was there in July, with Delta. I think S terminal is South. It's not a bad airport actually although the luggage carousel is in the public area which I always find a bit weird! There's an internal train which connects also. We had no hassles but people coming from UK who had not cleared emigration before entering US had huge queues; you should be fine from Dublin.

S

There is a bar in which you can smoke if you are that way inclined.

ATL the same as most airports in the US is filled with Brooks stores, food courts(MCds,Sbarro and a Quiznos)

It is one of the better airports in my opinion, if a bit dreary.

I came through Atlanta last month and had a 90 minute turnaround. I was a bit concerned so I called Delta and they checked on the computer and said that it was showing up as a legal turnaround so Atlanta must feel that it can be done.
I flew up from Florida to get a Shannon flight and on the day I got from one gate to the other in 10 minutes without even trying to hurry.
It is very well laid out and there is no need to go through a security if you are just passing through.

Just reread your original post and see that my answer is not of much use to you unless maybe it will get you to get an earlier flight to Las Vagas.
I do not recall seeing any lounges.

There are LOADS of Delta lounges, and they do vary in size and stock. Head towards your departure gate and take the nearest lounge to that to avoid a last minute dash. If there is no space in that lounge, you can be guaranteed there's another lounge only a few mins away that might have space.

No food to speak of in the lounges (just some peanuts/cookies) so eat before you go in to the lounge.

Enjoy the quiet oasis, as I will in 2 weeks!

Biggest airport ive ever been in. Plenty of stuff to keep you occupied. A good few restraunts, Tgi's and usual fast foods. One of the better airports that ive been to

[broken link removed]

[broken link removed]

and

[broken link removed]

...should help you.

I'm passing through with Delta on a boomarang stopover to Miami soon. 150 minute stopover.

I'm presuming I will need to do the customs/immigration thing in Atlanta and not Miami.

Back