Assistance for Stroke Victim - Entitlements

Harry31

I wondered if anyone had any suggestions where I could find information on entitlements for a recovering stroke victim - the Stroke Association website deals mainly with the physical welfare etc. What I want to know is what could be claimed as expenses for rehabilitation help etc.
if someone could point me in the right direction I would be grateful.

Your GP should be able to advise you.
If Complainer sees your post he should be also be able to help as he gives excellent advice in this area.

Thanks Purple, but I've found that getting advice from GP, Hospital etc. very slack. Outside of Dublin there seems to be very little help - the hospital physio advised my friend not to bother coming back as there wasn't much more they could do for him. He has been attending a physio privately, but I'm trying to find out if there is any financial assistance available as it's quite expensive, especially as it's been recommended that he attend 3 times a week.

You need to talk to a different GP!
Have they talked to their consultant?
Have they taled to the Irish Heart Foundation?

I can only advise on one issue - tax credits, but this may be significant.

The victim, or whoever is paying the bills for the victim, can claim tax credits at 20% for the physio and possibly other medical expenses.

Harry, contact your local HSE Office and a Social Worker will advise you of entitlements and will give further advice also.

Lots of good information on citizensinformation.ie - it is not going to be listed under 'stroke victim', but it is all there if you look for it.