Aspects of House different than advertised by estate agent

B

BA

In the estate agents brochure and on their website - they specify that the house has double glazed windows.

I took it as face value. But after getting the surveyor's report - he pointed out that the house has single glazed windows. Case of Buyer beware.

We have only paid the initial booking deposit. The estate agent was pushing us to sign as quickly as possible prior to this revelation.
What are our options.
Thank you in advance

Re: Aspects of House different than advertised by estate age

Nothing you can do I'm afraid - the estate agent's particulars always contain disclaimers about the accuracy of the information. If you are happy with the house otherwise you need to get quotes for double glazing!

Sarah

www.rea.ie

If you are happy with these then try and get a reduction in price, or say you will walk away, point the finger at the estate agent and tell them they misled you.

Saw a house in our estate on a website and their advertised west facing garden points due east!

Saw a house in our estate on a website and their advertised west facing garden points due east!
....."twud depend on what end a da garden you are standin' on sir"

.....same goes for a luvly motor..one carefull owner..and all that.

would agree with Sarah.....have see these disclaimers on auctioneers brouchers from time to time.

ninsaga

I would assume its facing whatever direction when stood in the house looking out, to make the most of the sunlight. An east facing garden can be very cold in the evening when the shadows are cast across the back of the house........

don't forget your booking deposit is fully refundable - just don't sign the contracts if you don't want the house and take your money back.

best of luck
dj

Auctioneers

Autctioneer are lucky in Ireland they can mislead and caues a lot of problems for buyers by telling lies on their instructions.

In the UK they would not get away with lying like that on instructions as they would be taken to tasks by the body that is set up to keep a check on bad auctioneers.

Pity it not like that in Ireland!

Thanks very much for the advice.

I got a quick (off the top of head) quote of between €4000 and €4500 for 5 double glazed windows.
So we try our hand at trying to negotiate the price with the estate agent.

It just proves the point - a buyer should check even the basic detail and verify the estate agent's story.

Back