Ashbourne - Westfield Green

scati

I am looking at a property to buy at above area, can anybody tell me what the area is like. I have driven around all that area it seems nice, but you can never really tell. Any advice would be gratefully received. Scati

Lived accross the road in Johnswood court, the only bad thing is
communal parking- it can be difficult to get parking outside your house
but that seems to be the norm these days with starter homes.
you should visit the place at night to see what the parking is like.
New day today shop open on westfield green - a bonus.
If you could afford it a house with a driveway in Johnswood behind it
is a better bet but 400K+ for a 3bed semi.
Short walk into the town so very central

What about Ashewood Finbar? Friends of mine and then myself thought this estate looked lovely and I did ask a couple of questions here at the time but did nothing about buying. My friends ended up buying in Archerstown but I'm still tempted by Ashewood as Archerstown too dear for me. I haven't been over there in a while as I live in Drogheda at the moment.

Has it developed well? Would locals consider it a nice area? It looks very close to all amenities. I occasionally look at estate agents websites but haven't seen anything come up there. I seem to remember room to park two cars in the drive which would be a huge bonus nowadays.

I would welcome your opinion.

Ashwood is fine, also Rathlodge would be good if you can get a driveway.
Ashwood is very central just at the back of the main street but traffic may be a problem getting out onto the main st at Ashbourne house hotel as all of the 1000 houses being built in that area have to get out here or else take a left and go down past the golf club to access the M2.Before buying i would do a dry run on the times you work to where your going to test it.
myhome.ie is the best website to see all of the houses for sale.
I would try my best to get a driveway to avoid all of the problems
with communal parking - not being able to park infront of your house
or having no space at all if your neighbours has a few cars visiting etc
Builders should never have been allowed to do this but its very common now everywhere.