Asbestos removal

Hi,

Does anyone have any specific experience/recommendations of an asbestos removal firm in Dublin?

I need to have 6 metres x 3 metres of asbestos removed from the roof of my garage (which will be demolished).

Can anyone recommend someone in Dublin to do this and also what ballpark should it cost?

I will be demolishing the garage after the asbestos roof has been removed - is it safe for me to do this?

Re: Re.:

Yeez Clubman, you brought back memories there. I was involved in the dalymount redevelopment. Not only was the sheeting on the stand made from asbestos but so was some of the pipe work, lagging and some cladding internally. An absolute nightmare. And add to this we had a demolition contractor who wasnt exactly playing by all the rules.
But as was stated earlier with regards to the removal, it is very important to get a contractor who can certify where the asbestos is going. As far as i know there are only 3/4 places that can take asbestos in ireland, most of the big jobs are shipped to germany

Sorry to revive this thread but I'm trying to get updated information.

I have a garden shed that I want to demolish whilst I have builders in next month - purely because the shed is ugly and useless. Its an Asbestos (corrugated) roof but not dangrious until broken up as far as I can tell, and in my surveyors opinion when I bought the house. Any suggestions on a firm who could dismantle and take away for me? I'd be happy to give them job of demolishing the shed as well if it made them give me a competitive price.

I also have asbestos tiles on a kitchen extension - I'm not demolishing that but I want to put in a large velux window, so a number of slates will need to be removed for that purpose and the rest will remain - again I understand that its only on removal/breaking up that any issues arise.

I want to do the job properly and ensure that there are no health issues for my builder (or myself i suppose!). I'm in north Dublin (close to CC) and would welcome recommendations on a company who will do a properly certified disposal for me - at a reasonable cost!

Thanks very much.

Hi Sam,

There is an excellent post here on asbestos removal. If you run the search option in this forum only there are previous threads on this subject.