Artist retreat painting weekends?

My mam (an artist) has gone with groups of friends (also artists) to several places around ireland for retreats... glenties in donegal was the favorite spot as a group. On her own she's also gone to Ring (waterford) and inniscrone (sligo) - both proved excellent spots... depends on what you like to paint i guess!

Thanks CGorman, you wouldn't have the name handy for the painting courses in waterford and sligo. I googled and nothing came up. thanks

Sorry, I miss understood you, by retreat I thought you ment location. My mam went with artist friends - no course, just themselves... she's never done a course like your looking for... she's just organised painting trips with like-minded friends in the past... shes off to Paris with some of them soon...

It has been a good number of years since she did it but my mother also used to go on painting courses around the country. I know that the one she enjoyed most was in the Yeat's Country in Sligo. I don't have a definite name or contact details but I'm sure if you send an email to the website below they'll be able to advise you on any painting courses in the region.

[broken link removed]

There's a place in Lisdoonvarna called the Burren Painting Centre.
It would depend a lot on which artist was giving the course, but I went on one and really enjoyed it.

[broken link removed]

Back