Artifical grass

Giovannie1

ARTIFICAL GRASS

Hi

Due to illness I’m opting to place synthetic grass in my back garden. I was wondering if anyone had recommendations on a grass type or supplier. I have someone to lay the grass for me.

Thanks

We have [broken link removed] this for the past 2+ years and really like it!

Oh that looks good.. is that price per sqm fitted and removal of exitisting grass etc? Or is that just per 'sheet' ?

Right.. so actually fitting it is extra. I imagine the existing grass and soil needs to be dug down a bit

I imagine the existing grass and soil needs to be dug down a bit

From the site: A weed membrane is required for all artificial grass installations which is available from with the accessories category.

Also from the site:

Please note, if joining is required we will ensure your grass comes from the same batch so you get the same colour batch. So you can order 2m & 4m and they will match perfectly.

I have someone to lay the grass for me.

Make sure they read the guides on preparing the base correctly in advance. If not properly prepared and compacted, you'll end up with dips that will shorten the life and be difficult to remedy.

TTI thanks for your advice. I had heard great things about them but more recent reviews are very poor.

Ours has been very roughly thrown down on bare soil with a rough layering of the weed membrane, maybe next year I will finally get around to putting in the proper sand/gravel and laying it properly.

@AndroidMan a fully fitted solution was ~4k from speaking with neighbours versus the ~800 I paid for the two rolls delivered.

PaddyBloggit and Leo thanks also
From the site: A weed membrane is required for all artificial grass installations which is available from with the accessories category.

Also from the site:

Please note, if joining is required we will ensure your grass comes from the same batch so you get the same colour batch. So you can order 2m & 4m and they will match perfectly.

Thanks for that.

@AndroidMan a fully fitted solution was ~4k from speaking with neighbours versus the ~800 I paid for the two rolls delivered.

Thanks. its not a bad price to pay for not having to wait around for dry weather to mow the grass and dispose if it etc. As well as the fact that the typical dry weather is Mon-Fri and Sat-Sun it usually rains. Last thing I want to do on a Tues evening is cut grass!

Back