Arthurstown, Co. Wexford

el2

We have just found a fabulous house in Arthurstown. The house is perfect and I would move in tomorrow but was wondering about the area. We've been there twice now and like what we see but I was wondering about the more practical aspects like local schools, mother and baby groups, doctors clinics etc. I know the ferry to Waterford is just a few minutes down the road but was curious about facilities for locals. It is a lovely area but does it all come to a standstill in the winter months?
I would really appreciate any info thanks.

Arthurstown is a quiet area in the winter months.. However it is quite centrally located and its proximity to Waterford is an added bonus. That said New Ross is probably the town which would serve the area best in regards to Doctors, Dentists etc..(though I believe there is a very good Dr. in nearby Duncannon).

The Ferry service is excellent but there can be long delays at peak times. I know that people in Passage East have been protesting on Friday Evenings of late higlighting traffic/queueing congestion.

The local schools would be highly rated also and there are quite a few good restaurants in The Arthurstown, Ballyhack, Duncannon Area.

I suppose location for your home is a very personal choice and if you wish to live in a quiet rural environment then you certainly could do no better than that area.

Good luck with your decision making

Hi there, Arthurstown is a lovely spot and there are nice schools around there. But it is v quiet during the winter! i wouldnt let that put you off. New Ross would provide any services you require.

Back