Arnotts won't accept one4all card

WTF, An Post already make a profit when the voucher is purchased, something like EUR 1.50 per voucher. Surly there should be no charges and the profits for An Post et al would come from the interest in the fancy current account that holds the voucher funds, well ok thats not likely.

Update on my original post:
I went to lifestyle sport trying to spend the gift card and was told that they too accept the voucher and not the card.
I walked across to the postoffice to get the card changed to a voucher. The postoffice in question now refuses to sell the cards because they are so much trouble!? They still sell vouchers but could not refund or exchange or my card.

I rang the the number for the gift voucher shop. They tried to insist that the card was still accepted everywhere. When I named all the shops on here where people couldn't use them they rubbished it and said it must be a problem at the branch. They finally conceded that Arnotts have pulled out altogether but were reluctant to give a refund. Needless to say I kicked up a stink and have been advised to post the card to their office.

I'm not overly confident that it won't get lost in the post though.
I'm never buying one4all vouchers or cards ever again!

I just wanted to let you in on my experience with the one for all cards. I used to work in Argos around six months ago and all the shops had letters circulated to us saying that due to large amounts of fraudulent all for one cards we could only accept the paper vouchers so that must be why.

Arnotts stopped taking the vouchers in Jan. Was there recently with my purchases and vouchers to pay for them. Couldn't accept the vouchers so I just left my purches on the counter. I went to GPO to request refund on the grounds that Arnotts were named in the catalogue and had withdrawn. She gave me an address and phone No. to request a refund.

As Clery's are also on the list I managed to use the vouchers to purchase the same items.

Please do not buy these vouchers for people who live outside the pale and even for Dubs only buy in units of €20.

There are so few places locally that accept them we have ended up giving them to friends

arnotts still on booklet today??
heard they were'nt accepting so checked here,
are they now taking them again?
F

Used one in Arnotts last month. Cashier had problems redeeming it...something along the lines of it wouldnt work when swiped as a gift card, but would work when swiped as something else.. that was the gist of the conversation I overheard between cashier and manager called to help out.