Armagh Town

Joe Nonety

Anyone know much about this area?
Also what's the situation with stamp duty in Northern Ireland and also do new developments have stage payments?

dunno anything about Armagh town, but property prices in the North are soaring like they were down here about 5 years ago. I know a few people who've bought in Belfast and made killings in terms of investment.

I live in Armagh and in answer to your question stamp duty rates are 1% on property purchases from £150k to £250k and 3% between £250k and £400k. Armagh city has seen a hugh increase in property prices and has been one of the hot spots in NI. New developments are normally snapped up very quickly. Typically on most developments there is just a booking fee payable at contract stage with the remainder due on completion.
Had you anything in particular in mind?

First of all, it's not a town, it's a city. It's a nice enough little place, no particularly bad history of "the troubles", would definitely be a safe area for Catholics. I'm not exactly sure about long-term prospects for the area in terms of employment anyway. For investment purposes, I'd be more inclined towards the Belfast hinterland. Not only that, but it doesn't have a rail service and is a fairly considerable distance from Belfast.

Back