Arklow - sea road area - quiet or antisocial?

paddi22

Hi,

I have been trying to research living in Arklow on the web. I searched through a few posts here and some mentioned anti-social behaviour but didn't give much info. Are there any Arklow dwellers here? We were looking at houses around sea road - is there anyone here that could shed some light on the area. We are planning to drive down and look but any local knowledge would be appreciated!

Paddi,

I know the area & wouldn't have considered it a rowdy place at all - is there a specific development you are interested in

Sea Road is a really nice settled area, and as the name suggests, its a stones throw from beaches. No anti social problems that I know of.

Have lived in Arklow for almost 30 years so I'm obviously in a different age bracket than you (then again maybe not) I haven't seen any more anti-social behaviour than any other town of its size. Like everywhere else nothing is perfect but over all things are fine. I'm not usually out and about on Friday and Saturday nights so maybe you would consider staying over a weekend and make your own observations.
Sea road is a nice area and if you are a commuter - easy access to the motorway.
Shopping close by in the new shopping
Swimming pool and sports centre on your doorstep
Hope this helps
N