Argos Plastic Garden Shed

QED

Has anyone purchased a plastic garden shed from Argos? Are they sturdy?

There is an 11' X 8' Shed for €900 that I am thinking of buying so long as it doesn't look cheap and tacky. I figure it would last longer than a timber shed with less maintenance and be cheaper and handier than a block shed.

Have you also considered the Yardmaster (and other?) metal ones available from Argos and elsewhere? There are several threads/posts about them already.

We have two of the plastic ones the 5 x 8 i think. One from Atlantic Homecase, the other ( identical make) from Argos. A bit awkward to get the roof/walls to fit snug ( according to herself who was chief assembler on them !) but since up no problems at all with them. Ours are jammed between house wall and boundary so made it a bit more difficult to assemble but no fear they'd ever blow away ! Beats using that creosote or fence life on the wooden ones. Was a job I hated.

To be honest it seem expensive. Yardmaster shed's as clubman suggested are a better alternative i would say. There are maintainence free and i've one 15 yrs and only power wash it every 5 yrs or so..

Thanks - Do you know if shed should be assembled on lawn or do I need gravel, concrete, slabs, blocks etc?

You mean the metal sheds? There are several existing threads which go into detail about their erection etc. that you should search/browse for.

Clubman - I am still thinking of getting the plastic shed. It might be nicer looking than steel one??

I searched threads and cannot find any previous info on these plastic sheds. Maybe there's a reason they're not popular - Fading, warping, general durability, looking like a toy ??

As you can see I'm still undecided.

My sis in law has one my husband and hers put it up in a day. It's the biggest one they sell and it's great. She has no complaints and it gets great use.

No damp or condensation. They put down patio slabs for the inside and then a row of blocks for it to sit on.

I would reccomend bolting it on concrete base or even sleepers.

Back