argos chest of drawers

eefy

I was wondering if anyone here has bought a chest of drawers from argos?

I need to buy one but I am a little wary, the reason being, I bought a tall boy there a few years ago, and the drawers were deceptive, they looked like thay were deep but when you opened them the they were really shallow, the sides only came up half way up the height of the drawer!

I don't want to go to the bother of buying, getting it delivered, unpacking it, start assembling it only to realise the drawers are too shallow, then have to send it back,
I suppose I could call them, thought I'd check here first

this is the one I was thinking about

Anyone bought this one or one similar?

Thanks

Bought the locker to this, not a great DIY person so it took me about 2 hours to put it together. It's not very steady when put together (well that may be my DIY skills, or lack of them), serves it's purpose for me and I find the drawers plenty deep, alot better than another one I had bought already assembled with Argos that I sent back. It is good quality for the money, nothing has fallen off yet so that's a good sign and I have it about 5 months or so.

Hello There, I bought 2 of those chests. The end drawer is fine & deep, The top two are small, & the other 3 are fairly avarage, but oh God I was tearing my hair out trying to assemble them. If you buy them pay careful attenion to how you screw in the runners! Oh & they are really sturdy too. good luck!!

Effy,
Didn;t buy the chest of drawers that you're interested but a "dresser" My brother put it together amd he used extra strength screws and glued some of the joints.
He reckoned using just the supplied screws and fittings wouldn;t just be good enough to give a secure finish. Very pleased with the dresser, lovely pine.

Sorry if this doesn't help!

I've assembled various units from Argos for various people and have always found them fine once assembled properly as per the instructions. Obviously the cheaper units are generally less robust than the more expensive ones. And on the one occasion when a part was missing the original manufacturer sent a replacement over free of charge once I contacted them by email.

Back