ARF: Financial Adviser a Requirement?

Tim001

Hi, Is it a requirement to use a Financial Adviser to buy an ARF ? Or can I buy direct from the provider, should I choose ? Thank you. Tim

You can buy an ARF directly from a provider but you should be able to negotiate a better deal on charges from a broker. ARF companies don't offer wholesale pricing to direct customers.

Hi, Is it a requirement to use a Financial Adviser to buy an ARF ? Or can I buy direct from the provider, should I choose ? Thank you. Tim
You can buy an ARF directly from a provider but you should be able to negotiate a better deal on charges from a broker. ARF companies don't offer wholesale pricing to direct customers.
Thank you Dave. That’s informative.

Another way of interpreting this question is with the following answer:

Yes, a good financial planner is really an essential requirement when contemplating such a big financial decision as moving from pre to post retirement and DIY retirees looking to “cut out the middle man” can make some easily avoidable but potentially very financially damaging mistakes.

I’ve spent 26 years advising people at this exact stage of life and it never ceases to amaze me just how unprepared many people are.

I would generally advise people to start thinking about the issues about 5 years before actually deciding to retire.

[broken link removed]

Reactions: jpd
Back