are you worried about putting unleaded in your diesel car? try this

NOAH

I made the mistake recently of putting 24 litres of unleaded into my diesel 07 mondeo tdci etc etc. Luckily enough I realised and did not start engine. Got it fixed for 80 euros but while waiting I was told horror stories in great detail. I did some googling and found its a thriving business for aa. Delved further and found a handy device for about 50 euro, works a treat and no more worries.

Called solodiesel.

http://www.solodiesel.co.uk/

noah

cannot see how that works as it says that the diameter of the diesel nozzle is wider than the petrol one yet this little attachment will not allow the petrol nozzle enter but will the diesel. OR am I missing something??

yes, it works a treat, if you look closely at picture you may see red bits in the nozzle, these have to be pushed to open and the green unleaded nozzle wont open them. its perfect, i have it and know it works. I was so lucky not like a friend with an 08 jetta, he filled to top with u/l and drove, cost him over 1500 so far and engine still not right.

AA charge 250 to come out around dublin to drain etc plus parts. this gizmo is 48 euro or thereabouts. a godsend. there is a newer better version with more red catches so it is easier to fit and does more models.

naoh

ive done this twice...when in a hurry...put Petrol in my volvo diesel ........ahhh.... great idea.....does it def work ?

Back