AIB Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Today’s spiel...
They underestimated the work load and there are delays, the call centre only gets an updated list on a Monday so they couldn’t tell me if mine has been posted since Monday, to call back next Monday and they’ll be able to tell me if it has or hasn’t been sent by then. I honestly haven’t the energy anymore I might aswell be talking my cat as picking up the phone to the “helpline”.

Today’s spiel...
They underestimated the work load and there are delays, the call centre only gets an updated list on a Monday so they couldn’t tell me if mine has been posted since Monday, to call back next Monday and they’ll be able to tell me if it has or hasn’t been sent by then. I honestly haven’t the energy anymore I might aswell be talking my cat as picking up the phone to the “helpline”.
That’s a new excuse at least . I am still waiting also

Was unlucky enough to be lectured on the repercussions of Covid today! That with rising cases they have less staff in the office ...... and that although it has been 10 working days since receiving the signed payment instruction form it could be another 10 day’s before cheque is issued. It hasn’t even gone up to the department that issues the cheques he told me!

Still no sign of my re-issued cheque. Sent back payment instruction form, which was received on 28th August, so we are past 10 working days. Has anyone received their re-issued cheque ?

Still waiting on the first cheque . I was told it was posted on Thursday but I have heard so many tales I just won’t believe it until I see it

Just found out that our cheque has to be sent back as it's in both of our names and we don't have a joint account. I probably should have guessed this but we didn't have a problem with the initial service error cheque so it didn't cross my mind. Dreading sending it back after all of the issues people have had on this thread. We need to ask for it to be reissued in one name.

Just found out that our cheque has to be sent back as it's in both of our names and we don't have a joint account. I probably should have guessed this but we didn't have a problem with the initial service error cheque so it didn't cross my mind. Dreading sending it back after all of the issues people have had on this thread. We need to ask for it to be reissued in one name.

You would probably be quicker setting up a joint account at the rate AIB are going!

Just off the phone now where manager called me back - payment instruction form was received and they have put a deadline (i know) to get all cheques posted by Friday, hopefully soon. I was told to expect it early next week.
Shambles I know but he said there was a backlog of cheques required to which I replied “that tends to happen when you rip off as many people as AIB did”

I can’t comment on that was the follow up!

I’m not giving them another minute of my time. When it arrives, it arrives but fortunately I’m not in a situation where I need the money immediately so I can understand how the update I got today might boil blood.

I received a payment instruction form in the post last Thursday after being told every day for two weeks it was in the post. I was furious, got to speak with a manager and told her I would not be signing the form, it is unacceptable I would be lucky to have the cheque by Christmas. She got onto the payments team and instructed them to send the cheque on Friday. I didn’t receive it today but if it’s not there tomorrow I will be ringing her as I have her direct line.

Finally told amount of cheque today after first person said he would check and did indeed call me back . Posted last Thursday .. let’s see when it arrives .. 1k less than simple interest calculator , 4K less than compound

It arrived!!!
Less than the calculator here estimated but guessing that's due to the simple/compound interest situation. To add to the many here, Thank you... from the bottom of our hearts, thank you...we may take it further because the stress and anxiety caused by AIB was immense at the time and has left a lasting toll...but for now I thank you and tip my hat to Brendan.

Just in case anyone hasn't seen the other thread :

I'm sure people will help out as best they can considering all the time and effort Brendan has put in. All those poor artists he is looking out for won't be able to get by on thanks alone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Our cheque has finally arrived this morning! About 2k less than calculator so presuming it’s the compound interest issue! Delighted to say the least! Thanks again Brendan and everyone who drove this issue over last few years!!!

Cheque arrived this morning I cannot explain the relief!
To Brendan and everyone on here fighting the fight THANK YOU, it is exhausting to deal with AIB.
One more error on AIBs part... I have a joint mortgage account we always received individual letters regarding the mortgage but the cheque is addressed solely to me, it’s fine I will give half but it could have been problematic for AIB if we were separated.
Thank you again

We'll definitely have those reissued cheques next week I've been told when I rang earlier. Now I was told this the week before last too so I won't be holding my breath

Back