Are we all in this together?

I wonder does it just look a low quieter as volumes drop to what the roads network can comfortably handle before the gridlock builds? October volumes on the M50 are 75% of 2019 numbers, numbers on the main entry points all look around the same. Lot of talk about Carlow earlier, volumes there are over 90% of 2019.

There could be an element of that, although usually the grid lock has already started on the Clontarf road, Howth road, Malahide Road approaches to the city. If there is gridlock, it must be kicking in a lot closer to the city centre. So the traffic volumes must be down by a certain % or it would start upstream?
A 25% drop might be enough to do it, to free up the usual bottle necks.

Maynooth looks like 5th Ave for certain periods of the day. I walk everyday especially in the College and its a lot more busy that the spring lockdown, which is good as more and more people are appreciating what we have here, and with some very large new housing estates now occupied newer residents are getting to know the town and its history.
We have a community based Facebook page and we all assist each other in whatever way we can. I started posting photos of the places of interest that surrounds the town and now we have a thriving group of amateur photographers capturing the town.

I'm a community type dude, and I believe that communities are the way we might be able to get ourselves out of the economic problems that lay ahead.

Back