Are there any cheaper funds that Rabo and Quinn freeway?

tonster01

Are there any cheaper funds/companies (which would be as trustworthy/reliable as these) that have lower charges as some of them can accumulate to around 3.25% when you take into account exit/entry/managment fees etc with Rabo...

Any ideas would be great

Are you looking to make regular contributions or invest a significant enough lump sum?

I am looking to invest multiple lump sums (as small as they may be!)

Where would be a good place to look for these low fee ETF's?

Thanks for the answers so far by the way!:)

you can read up on them on easyetf.com & ishares.com. I also look at yahoo & google finance aswell. havent invested in any but probably will fairly soon. market is still a bit volatile and havent had time to do much research to warrant an investment but they certainly beat rabo & quinn for costs which are really only market trackers

I thought Quinn only charges an annual management fee of between 1% and 1.5%?
Yes. Whereas Rabo charge 0.75% on entry, 0.75% (of the full value of the fund) on exit and an annual management fee of c. 0.7%-2.0% (check their website for the latest charges) other than when they sometimes waive entry or exit charges on some funds as a special offer. On the other hand they do have a wider variety of funds (QL only offer a small set of index trackers) and a more fully fledged online platform so it's not necessarily easy to compare each on a like with like basis.

ETFs have charges as low as 0.20%p.a.

ETF's have initial costs depending on the stockbroker used to purchase. This should be compared against funds with 5% to 0% entry charges.
Also be prepared to pay a fee when selling. This roughly equivalent in effect to a exit charge from the ETF so perhaps you could compare it to Rabo's exit fees.

Also there might be an annual fee for the stockbroker to hold the shares in electronic form as I dont believe share certs will be obtainable. This will add onto the annual charge and should also be used when making a comparison.

ETF's have initial costs depending on the stockbroker used to purchase. This should be compared against funds with 5% to 0% entry charges.
Also be prepared to pay a fee when selling. This roughly equivalent in effect to a exit charge from the ETF so perhaps you could compare it to Rabo's exit fees.

Also there might be an annual fee for the stockbroker to hold the shares in electronic form as I dont believe share certs will be obtainable. This will add onto the annual charge and should also be used when making a comparison.

I accept that ETFs have purchase and selling costs cost and will likely have maintenance costs but I'm in the belief that there is no free lunch, usually you get what you pay for.

I'd recommend that anyone with an interest in investment read "A Random Walk Down Wall Street" By a very well known economics professor called Melkiel. Its only sold 2 million copies and in its 9th edition.

I'm a convert to ETFs, particulary those with broad index coverage and minimum charges. A stockbroking purchase charge of 1% and an annual €100 account maintenance charge is acceptable, especially if I'm expecting to hold the ETF for the next 20 years. The 0.2% annual management charge on the ETF is very acceptable in my mind. I'll have to take the hit on sale commission some around 2030, if I live that long. :D

Back