Are the GAA now running the country?

Kerrigan

I was listening to Countrywide on RTE, Saturday morning. There was a section were they discussed the effect that emigration was having on the GAA in County Kerry, especially Valentia Island. I think all of the local GAA team apart from one guy had left for greener pastures.
This morning while listening to RTE one of the Ministers was obviously talking politics but the interviewer happened to mention that a GAA player was leaving a team to move abroad. The Minister sounded saddened that this player was going to be no longer part of the team etc.
There are more than GAA players emigrating so i find it amusing that a Minister and a media outlet would focus in on just one aspect of emigration while the problem is actually spread country wide.

Ehhh it's called taking an angle on a story Kerrigan! Bit of a leap between what you heard on the radio and the title of your thread don't you think!

The GAA and the decimation of small local clubs because of emigration is a perfectly acceptable angle to take when looking at the topic. Not sure how that leads to accusations of the GAA running the country

It was only 15 minutes on Countrywide on the radio early on a Saturday morning, not the National Evening News.

The TV, radio and print media are covering emigration is lots of ways.
This was just a small part of it. Your response was a bit over the top.