Are shops open on Good Friday?

Sarah

Anyone know if the shops-Bar the off licences - are open on good friday?Preferable around Carlow ect but any of the shops in general?

well i think most shops will be open, but most pubs close on good friday so i'm sure a lot of off licences do too, day of abstinence and all!

AFAIK pubs in clubs are allowed to open - rugby clubs, yacht clubs etc.

Don't think so. The bars (including the private members' bar) in Dalymount Park have never opened on GF and I know that they would if they could.

Someone just forwarded me an email from the Laughter Lounge which claimed it was open til late on Good Friday - don't know if that qualifies as a club (but I wouldn't think it does). Not much help if your in Carlow though.

premesis selling booze dont have a licence for good friday, most have 363 day licence, christmas day being the other closed day.

they may open at midnight if they wish which is what some night clubs will be doing.

A hotel or club can get an authorisation from the District Court to open on Good Friday and sell alcohol. I presume that the clubs I referred to get such a license - surely they wouldn't be breaking the law!?!?

Back