Are rucksacks still ok as hand luggage?

Ash

Simple question guys.

Am not a regular flyer so latest rules and regulations may have passed me by.

Is a regular sized rucksack still permissable as hand luggage these days without incurring any penalty?

as long as it's withing the dimensions you should be fine.

I've seen loads of people carrying rucksacks that haven't had any problems.

What do you mean by a "regular sized rucksack" what is regular-sized? If you are talking about school-bag size that should be fine, anything bigger is usually too large.

Thanks for the replies.
Yes, about a schoolbag sized is right and it wont be overfilled or heavy.
Regulations would have to be pretty darned tight these days not to permit it, but then you just never know, do you?

Hi, here are the measuremants and weight for cabin baggage. From the Aer Lingus website.Permitted one piece less than 6KGS/ 13 lbs and measuring 22 inches by 18 ins by 10. 56cms/45cms/25. The rucksack should be fine as I travelled two weeks ago with same and observed other people bringing on as hand luggage what can only be described as small suitcases but well above the measurements allowed.

I have also seen people carry on board the black refuse sack. Flexible dimensions and no weight in the bag itself, so you get your full 10 kilos.

Hi ParkLane , 'nice one' can't go wrong with the black sack, comes in handy for a lot of uses!